YIELD: 4-6 cocktails
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 pear, cored, peeled and diced
- 1 inch slice of ginger, peeled
- 1 sprig of fresh Rosemary
- 1 bottle of Prosecco or sparkling wine, chilled
- Additional rosemary sprigs and pear slices for garnish if desired
- Combine the honey and water in a sauce pan over medium heat, cook until the mixture comes to a gentle simmer, turn heat to low. Add the diced pears, ginger and rosemary, continue simmering on low until the liquid has reduced slightly, about 20 minutes. Strain the mixture into a heatproof container and let cool completely. Discard the rosemary and ginger, reserve the pears for later use. The strained liquid can be refrigerated at this point and will keep for several weeks in an airtight container.
- To mix the cocktails; spoon 2 tablespoons of the cooled syrup into champagne flutes, add a few chunks of the poached pear to each glass if desired, top with Prosecco or sparkling wine, garnish and serve immediately.
- NOTE: To make this cocktail non-alcoholic replace the sparkling wine with an NA sparkling pear cider and reduce the syrup according to taste (if the cider is on the sweeter side).
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: dishingupthedirt.com