Are you a fan of Nutella, the ooey-gooey hazelnut spread? We certainly are! In this simple recipe it adds sweetness and a touch of chocolate to fresh pears and toasted walnuts.
Breakfast will never be the same again!
YIELD: 4 toasts
- 4 slices of bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup Nutella spread
- 1 pear (like d’Anjou or Bartlett), sliced wafer-thin using a mandolin*
- 1 handful walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Spread 2 tablespoons of Nutella on each slice of toasted bread.
- Layer the slices of pear on top of the Nutella. Make sure you evenly distribute the pear between the 4 toasts.
- Sprinkle the walnuts on top.
- All done. Serve immediately.
No mandolin? No problem! Just use a sharp knife to slice the pear as thinly as possible.