This is a super rich, decadent smoothie that taste more like an apple pie milk shake. Try this after a hard workout for a good dose of healthy fat and protein.
YIELD: 2 large or 4 small servings
- 1 large apple, cored and quartered
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 pitted dates (can also use 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or honey)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (can also use cinnamon)
- 1 to 2 cups of water or coconut water
- 1 to 2 cups of ice
- Put all ingredients in a blender, starting with 1 cup each of water and ice. Blend on high until completely smooth, adding water or ice to get desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.