The color of this salad alone says summer, thanks to our neon bright Orondo Ruby® cherries! Serve this salad with barbecued chicken or ribs for a festive outdoor feast. We also recommend adding diced avocado or grilled zucchini to change up the flavors so you can make this salad all summer long.
YIELD: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 ears of corn, cooked
- 2 cups pitted and chopped Orondo Ruby cherries
- Half of a jalapeño, seeded and diced (or more to taste)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Put the sliced onion in a heatproof bowl, set aside.
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a low boil. Cook for about 5 minutes until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over the sliced onions, set aside to marinate while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Cut the corn off of the cob and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the cherries, jalapeño, cilantro and feta cheese to the bowl.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the vinegar marinade, then drain the rest off and add the onions to the corn mixture.
- To make the dressing: Combine the 2 tablespoons of reserved vinegar marinade, lime juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Whisk well.
- Pour half of dressing over corn salad, toss gently, taste and add additional salt or dressing as needed.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.