Everyone knows that our miniature Rockit apples are a fun little treat for kids, but we haven’t forgotten about the grown-up kids. This Appletini cocktail conjures up the taste of Grandma’s apple pie but it is strictly for after hours!
For the rim:
- 1/4 cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Juice of 1 lemon
For the martini:
- 1 cup apple cider
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar simple syrup*
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon flavor whiskey or schnapps
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Small pinch of salt (optional)
- 2-3 Rockit apples, sliced crosswise for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker or pitcher, combine the apple cider, simple syrup, vodka, cinnamon whiskey, vanilla, and salt if using. Set aside, or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and cinnamon to a small bowl and mix well to combine.
- Prepare the glasses: Put the graham cracker mixture on a shallow plate then squeeze the lemon juice onto a separate plate (make sure both plates are wide enough to fit the rim of your martini glasses). Dip the rim of a martini glass in the lemon juice first, then into the graham cracker crumbs, making sure that the entire rim is coated. Repeat with the remaining glasses.
- Make the cocktail: Add ice to the mixture in your cocktail shaker or pitcher and stir or shake rigorously, strain out into the prepared martini glasses. Garnish with Rockit apple slices. TIP: Dip the apple slices in the lemon juice before garnishing your cocktails to prevent them from browning quickly.