Every apple needs a good caramel sauce to make the snack complete. This recipe is perfect for dipping and to serve over the top of cakes, baked apples, pancakes and ice cream!!
Recipe Development and Photography By: Annessa Chumbley, RD
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter extract (optional)
- Add all ingredients except extracts into a small saucepan. Heat on medium high. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, until sauce is reduced and coats the back of a spoon. Turn off heat and stir in extracts.
- Pour sauce into a jar to let cool. Sauce will thicken as it cools. Store in the refrigerator.
- Serve with your favorite sliced apples.