Nothing beats a refreshing cocktail on a hot summer day! Our frozen pear Bellini makes the most of beautifully ripe summer pears to tickle your taste buds.
The recipe makes two cocktails but is easy to scale up if you’re serving a crowd. It’s simple to make and guaranteed to wow your guests.
Recipe Development and Photography: Williams-Raines
YIELD: 2 drinks
For the drinks
- 2 ripe Crimson pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup home pressed pear juice (or substitute store-bought pear nectar or apple juice)
- Sparkling wine or ginger ale
- Pear slices (use our kitchen hack to keep them from browning)
- Fresh berries
- Mint leaves
- The night before making the drinks, freeze the pears and place the pear juice and sparkling wine or ginger ale in the fridge.
- To make the drinks, put the frozen pears and the sugar in a blender (high speed blender if you have one) and puree.
- Divide the frozen pear puree in two martini glasses. Add half of the pear juice in each glass and top with sparkling wine or ginger ale.
- Add one or more of the optional garnishes (if using) and serve right away. Cheers!