Our refreshing cherry cucumber cups are perfect for summer entertaining. They’ll easily accompany fancy drinks or kick off a backyard barbecue.
Simple to make, these light nibbles will be a hit with both kiddies and adults. Just double or triple the recipe if making enough to feed a crowd.
Recipe Development and Photography: Williams-Raines
YIELD: 8-10 cucumber cups
Cherry cucumber cups
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled (optional), and cut into 2-inch rounds
- 1 1/2 Orondo Ruby® cherries, stemmed, pitted and diced small
- 1 small green pepper, emptied and diced finely
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Handful of chives, minced
- Handful of fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- A few chives, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Line up the cucumber rounds on a plate or tray that fits in the fridge. Using a small spoon, hollow out each round, taking care not to pierce the bottom. Cover and set aside in the fridge.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients (excluding garnishes) to a medium bowl and stir well to combine.
- Take cucumber cups out of the fridge and fill with the cherry mixture. Overfill the cups so that the cherry filling is visible on top. Use a small spoon to compact it and make sure it doesn’t topple off.
- If using, finish the cups with the optional garnish and serve. Tip: if you have time, place the finished cups in the fridge for 15 minutes before serving for extra crunchy freshness.