SugarBee® apple lovers are in for a treat when they try SugarBee® Apple Cider. We used the naturally sweetened cider for our fall hot spiced cider recipe, which is sure to be a crowd pleaser for the holidays this season. This easy recipe is delicious on its own and it can also be used as a base for making festive concoctions for adults. See our suggestions below to turn this cider into your favorite fall cocktail for friends.
Created by: Meg Raines
- 1 (64 ounce) jug of Sugarbee® Apple Cider (8 cups)
- 1 cup of fresh whole cranberries
- 1 orange, sliced crosswise
- 1 SugarBee® apple, thinly sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole star anise pods
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, about 3 inches long (optional, but adds a lovely herbal flavor)
Garnishes: additional orange and apple slices, cranberries and rosemary sprigs
- Combine all ingredients into a large, heavy saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and let cook for 30 minutes to an hour uncovered.
- Remove from the heat, let cool slightly, strain and serve with fresh garnishes.
- Serve warm or chilled. Cider can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or frozen for up to a month.
- Sparkling Apple Cider – After the cider has been chilled, add a bottle of sparkling wine and 1/2 cup of Grand Marnier, along with ice and garnishes.
- Apple Cider Hot Toddy – While the cider is still warm, add 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1-2 cups of honey whiskey to your taste.
- Spiked Hot Cider – Simply add a shot of your favorite liquor, such as rum, whiskey or bourbon, to your steaming mug of cider.