Created for: Chelan Fresh
Created by: Meg Raines
YIELD: 4 servings
Poppyseed Dressing (makes 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 medium sized SugarBee® apples, cored and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 of a small red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 cups of salad greens for serving
- Prepare the dressing: combine the above ingredients, mayonnaise through poppy seeds, in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir again until combine.
- Assemble salad: Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl, pour in half of the dressing and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately on salad greens with extra dressing on the side.
- Salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.