Fruit rollups are easy to make at home and offer healthy snack options for both kids and adults on the run. Our holiday version is made with sweet SugarBee® apples and cranberries to make these delicious fruit rollups festive not only for holiday treats; they make great stocking stuffers and present toppers too!
- 2 pounds SugarBee® Apples (about 4 large apples) peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup water or apple cider
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Fahrenheit or the lowest oven setting available (see notes for directions if you are using a dehydrator instead). Line 2 sheet pans with silicone mats or coat thoroughly with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Combine the diced apples, cranberries and water (or cider if using) in a large saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer until the apples are soft and the cranberries have burst, about 15-20 minutes. Stir in the honey, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon and cook for another 2 minutes to incorporate. Remove from the heat and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked apple mixture to a blender or food processor and puree on high speed until completely smooth.
- Pour half of the apple mixture onto one of the prepared sheet pans and spread evenly over the entire sheet pan; repeat with the remaining mixture and sheet pan.
- Bake in the oven for 4-7 hours or until the middle is no longer sticky, checking after 4 hours to gauge progress. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Peel the fruit leather off of the pans and cut into strips with a sharp paring knife or pizza cutter. Roll them in strips of wax paper or parchment paper to prevent them from sticking. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Dehydrator instructions – set dehydrator to 135 degrees and dehydrate for 5-7 hours until the middle is no longer sticky; let cool as mentioned above.