Assemble this the night before and pop it in the oven the next day to make those holiday mornings extra special and cozy.
Created by: Matt Robinson | Real Food by Dad
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
Preparation Time: 30 minutes + overnight chill time | Bake time: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pound day-old ciabatta bread, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 SugarBee® Apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup cranberries
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Butter a 13×9 inch pan. Place the slices of bread shingle-style in the dish.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, allspice, kosher salt and cloves.
- Pour the mixture over the bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Remove the plastic wrap. Gently and carefully tip the pan to drain any liquid not absorbed by the bread. Place SugarBee® Apple slice between each piece of bread. Sprinkle cranberries on top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until French toast is puffed. If the top starts to darken too quickly, tent with foil. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.