Recipe by: Valerie Musser
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 KORU® apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. lime zest
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 4 tbsp. salted butter, cubed
- 4 tbsp. apricot jam (for glazing)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a sil-pat or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl add the sugar, lime, orange zest and thyme leaves. With a small spoon mix it all together until it is combined. Set aside.
- Peel, core and thinly slice your KORU® apples. Since KORU® apples are slow to brown, there is no need to combine them with lemon juice.
- Unfold your puff pastry onto the parchment paper that it came packaged with. Gently roll out any wrinkles. Cut into 4 equal pieces. Score a one-inch boarder around the edges and then pierce dough all over with a fork.
- Layer your apples in two rows, overlapping them slightly, but not covering the boarder. Generously sprinkle with the citrus thyme sugar and add the cubed butter pieces to the top of each one.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges are a deep golden brown.
- Add a tablespoon of hot water to the apricot jam and stir to combine. Brush the glaze on top of the hot tarts and let cool for 10 minutes.