Prep Time: 15 minutes
Recipe Source: Produce for Kids
This lightened-up chicken salad is perfect to prep on the weekend and enjoy on sandwiches, in wraps, as a salad topper or with crackers all week! Filled with celery, apples and almonds for a sweet, tangy recipe. Recipe and photography courtesy of Aggie of Aggie’s Kitchen.
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 2 stalks Dandy® celery, chopped
- 1 large Chelan Fresh apple, diced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup lowfat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3/4 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
Combine chicken, celery, apples and almonds in large bowl.
Mix Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and tarragon in separate bowl. Add to chicken and gently stir until combined well. Add cheese and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve chicken salad with whole grain crackers, in a whole grain wrap or on a bed of fresh salad greens.
Calories: 290 Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 76mg Carbohydrates: 10g Sodium: 361mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 31g Sugar: 6g Calcium: 19% DV Iron: 7% DV