A delicious little treat perfect for small hands!
10 slices bread, such as Dave’s Killer Bread
2/3 cup mascarpone cream cheese
2 tablespoon raw honey
2 Rockit™ apples, diced finely
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
2-3 tablespoons raw sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 375º. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
2. Using a rolling pin, carefully roll out each slice of bread until it is flattened. Then, slice off the crusts so you have a perfect rectangle.
3. Mix together mascarpone cheese and honey in a small bowl. Spread 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture on each slice of flattened bread.
4. In another small bowl, mix diced apples with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon diced apples in a center line down the middle of each slice (like you would a burrito). Roll up each churro tightly. Spray each generously with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Sprinkle raw sugar onto a plate and mix with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Roll each churro into cinnamon-sugar mixture, and place seam-side-down onto the baking sheet. Repeat for the rest of the churros.
6. Bake for about 13 minutes. Remove and let cool. Serve with Homemade Caramel Sauce.