Our bright pink Lucy™ Glo apples and crimson pomegranate seeds make this Lucy™ Glo salad look like it is loaded with sparkling jewels. But it’s the vibrant tart-sweet flavors in our festive farro salad that make it shine. This dish holds up especially well because of the hearty winter fruit and grains, making it a perfect choice for your next holiday buffet.
Honey Orange Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked farro (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 large Lucy™ Glo or Lucy™ Rose apple, peeled and cut into matchsticks*
- 1 orange, segmented**
- 2 ounces mild cheese such as Monterey Jack, diced into small cubes
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a jar with a lid and mix well until combined.
- To assemble the salad, mix all of the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl, add about 1/2 cup of the dressing and gently toss to combine. Add additional dressing as needed. Serve immediately. Leftover Lucy™ Glo salad can be stored in the refrigerator for a day or two.
- * To cut the apple into matchsticks, slice the apple crosswise, stack a few slices on top of each other and cut into very thin strips. Cut around the hard core in the center.