The tart is more of a cake, but is tart-ish at the same time! The Lucy™ apples create a custard-like texture after baking.
Recipe created by: Lily Haughee
- 1 c flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/3 c milk
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 3 T sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- 2-3 Lucy™ apples
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Then butter a 9 inch tart shell or 9 inch cake pan, and dust with flour.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Then cut in the butter, until small pea size butter pieces are created.
- Mix in the milk, egg and vanilla. Once well combined, spread evenly in your tart shell.
- Mix the 3 T sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- With your Lucy™ apples, cut in half and slice thin slices of apple.
- On your cake, overlap the slices to cover all the batter. Then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, and enjoy with ice cream or whipped cream!