- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 3/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 KORU® apple, skin left on, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 green onions, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Romaine lettuce leaves for cups
- In a medium bowl, add chopped apples. Squeeze all of the lemon juice over the apples and toss (watch out for the seeds!) Add mayo, pecans, chopped green onions, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Mix together until everything is coated evenly.
- Scoop Apple Pecan Chicken Salad by 1/2 cup fulls into Romaine lettuce leaves and serve! Top with a few more green onions!
- Note: I find that this keeps great for 2 days in the refrigerator as long as the apples had lemon juice squeezed on them. Cover the rest and refrigerate for a meal-prepped lunch the next day. Delicious.