New year is the perfect time to kick off healthy resolutions and give your body some TLC after weeks of decadent holiday meals. Smoothie bowls are just the ticket since they are healthy, filling, and beautiful as well.
Our Instagram-worthy KORU® Apple Berry Smoothie Bowl is bursting with antioxidants, vitamins A and C, and fiber. Apples are a superfood in their own right, as are beets, ginger and hemp seeds. The smoothie bowl gets its vibrant color from the natural plant pigment Lycopene found in red fruits and vegetables.
All of the ingredients listed are commonly found in supermarkets, health food stores and online.
Recipe Development and Photography By: Williams-Raines
YIELD: 2 smoothie bowls
- 1 KORU® apple, cored and quartered
- 1 cup fresh* or frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup fresh* or frozen cooked beets, roughly chopped
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 dates, pitted (Medjool dates recommended)
- 1 cup of water or plant-based milk* (ex. almond, oat or soy)
- Slices of KORU® apple
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Pomegranate seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Place all smoothie ingredients in a blender (use a high-speed blender if you’ve got one**). Blend until smooth but still thick, add water or nut milk as needed for desired consistency.
- Pour into a bowl, add any toppings you are using, and enjoy immediately.
*If using fresh fruits and vegetables instead of frozen, add a cup of ice instead of liquid water or plant-based milk.
**If you don’t have a high-speed blender, just chop the ingredients more finely and start blending by pulsing. You may need to add a little extra liquid as you blend to get a smooth consistency.