Recipe Development and Photography By: Annessa Chumbley, RD
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 green onions, finely sliced (green and white parts)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped KORU® Apples (skin on)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix gently but make sure the ingredients are evenly incorporated. Shape turkey apple mixture into little 2 ounce patties, packed tightly with a little dent in the middle.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet to medium-high, and coat with nonstick cooking spray, or a drizzle of olive oil. Once the skillet is hot, place the sausage patties down and let cook 2 – 3 minutes. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes more, until they are fully cooked in the middle. Repeat for the rest of the patties.
- Remove to a plate and serve! They can also be cooled, put into a freezer-safe zip-top bag, and frozen for an easily reheated breakfast on-the-go!