Pairing fruit with cheese is classic for a reason. It’s absolutely delicious!
There are so many varieties of apple and pear, so have fun mixing and matching them with all the different types of cheese out there. Here are some of our favorite combinations:
- Honeycrisp apples are wonderful with tart, firm or semi-firm cheeses like cheddar or smoked gouda
- Granny Smith apples pair beautifully with soft mild cheeses such as brie or camembert
- Fuji apples work best with firm, aged, tart cheeses like pecorino, parmesan and manchego
- D’Anjou pears are delectable paired with a creamy, tangy goat cheese
- Bartlett pears are stunning when paired with salty brined cheeses such as feta and halloumi
- Bosc pears sing when combined with soft or semi-soft blue cheeses like roquefort, stilton and gorgonzola
Hot or cold, raw or cooked, there are endless ways to bring together pears, apples, and cheese. Check out our selection of mouth-watering recipes for inspiration!
Tangy blue cheese collides with crisp Bosc pear and raw radicchio in these easy-to-make cups that require no cooking.
Source: Chelan Fresh
Prepare this gorgeous tart with juicy pears and goat cheese, topped with a touch of sweet honey and fragrant rosemary.
Source: Home and Plate
Salty prosciutto, sharp cheese, peppery arugula and oven-roasted pears make for an elegant and delicious starter.
Luscious, ooey-gooey comfort food that is devilish, yet healthy. A treat the whole family will enjoy.
Source: The Chic Site
These crispy phyllo bites stuffed with tangy blue cheese, crunchy walnuts and fresh Gala apples are a crowd-pleaser!
Source: Chelan Fresh
Apple-cheddar soup with bacon
Silky and cheesy, with a touch of saltiness (thank you bacon!), this soup will warm you to the core.
Source: Food Network
Use raw crisp apple slices to dig into a whole oven-baked camembert spiked with whiskey, maple syrup and lemon juice.
Source: Chef Stuart O’Keefe
This salad is bright and fresh. The salty pecorino adds wonderful depth and pairs perfectly with the crisp apple.
Source: Food and Wine