YIELD: 2 large servings or 4 small servings
Recipe Development and Photography By: Williams-Raines
- 1/2 cup of water, or more as needed to blend
- 1 large, ripe Bartlett pear, sliced and core removed
- 1 Kiwi, flesh scooped out
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 cup of spinach leaves
- 2 dates, pitted or 1 tablespoon of sweetener such as maple syrup, agave or honey)
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 cup of ice
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender, in the order listed above, blend on high until desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Option nutritional boosters – 1 tablespoon flaxseeds, 1/2 teaspoon spiralina, or half of an avocado for a creamier consistency.