It’s football season and that means snack time! Why not up your chip and salsa game this year with our crisp and savory Green Apple Salsa? Serve with baked tortilla chips and you have a healthy snack for your fans.
YIELD: about 2 cups
- 1 pound tomatillos, husks and stems removed
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1 tablespoon of minced jalapeño or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat the broiler on high, place tomatillos on a baking sheet and broil for 8-10 minutes, until the tops of the tomatillos are lightly charred. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Pulse tomatillos in a blender or food processor until pureed but still a little chunky. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Add the apples, onions, jalapeños, cilantro, agave and lime juice to the tomatillos and mix thoroughly.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.