Recipe Development and Photography By: Annessa Chumbley, RD
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup superfine almond flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Lucy Glo™ or Lucy™Rose apples, cored and sliced
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Homemade Caramel Apple Topping
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a fork for 1 minute. Whisk in coconut milk, molasses, and a pinch of salt.
- Sprinkle almond flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and baking soda on top of wet ingredients, folding in. Lastly, stir in lemon juice.
- Heat a pancake griddle to medium, sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop batter by 2 tablespoonfuls at a time onto griddle. Cook until the edges are dry on the uncooked side (about 3-5 minutes). Flip and cook the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- To make the apple topping, add coconut oil and sliced apples to a skillet on medium-high. Sauté apples for 5 minutes, until the edges are brown and they are fork-tender and juicy.
- To make Homemade Non-Dairy Caramel Sauce, visit our recipe here.
- Serve pancakes stacked high with sautéed apples on top and caramel sauce on the side. Enjoy!
– Homemade caramel sauce may be made a head of time, refrigerated and warmed when ready for pancakes.
– Pancakes can be frozen for future use. Just cool completely, then place in a zip-top bag. Use within 3 months.