A fun project for the kids and a festive way to serve healthy treats, these edible apple wreaths will be a hit for the holidays. We used our Lovely Lucy™Glo and SugarBee® apples for different colors and flavors, but let your creativity shine and come up with your own tasty variations.
Created by: Meg Raines
YIELD: 6-8 apple slices
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 apples such as Lucy™Glo and SugarBee®
- 3 to 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, unsweetened
- Add the lemon juice to a medium bowl filled with water.
- Slice the apples crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices, you will get about 3-4 good slices per apple, reserve the remaining apple pieces for munching or cooking. Cut the center core out with a knife or a small cookie cutter. Place the apple slices in the lemon water to prevent browning; dry on a tea towel right before using.
- Place a few dabs of peanut butter around an apple slice, decorate with mint leaves, pomegranate seeds and flaked coconut and serve immediately.