Apples and peanut butter are a perfect pairing on their own, but this recipe takes a classic pairing to a whole new level. Who doesn’t love dipping something crunchy into something creamy? Enjoy as a fun dessert or snack.
Recipe Development and Photography: Certified Master Chef Ron DeSantis of CulinaryNXT
YEILD: 8 servings
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Pinch kosher salt
- 8 medium apples, cut into 8 wedges per apple
- Use a hand mixer or whisk attachment for your countertop mixer to whip the whipping cream and vanilla to medium peaks.
- In a separate bowl, beat peanut butter, honey and salt until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Repeat until all the whipped cream is fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate for three hours before serving.
- Cut and core apples, serve, and enjoy!
|Number of Servings||8|
|Serving Size||About 1/3 cup mousse with one apple|
|Calories Per Serving||315|
|Total Fat (g)||19|
|Saturated Fat (g)||8|
|Trans Fat (g)||0|
|Total Carbohydrate (g)||36|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||5|
|Added Sugars (g)||6|
|Vitamin D (mcg)||0.48|