Pears are not just for desserts; they also add a wonderful complexity to so many savory dishes as well. This fall we made a sweet and savory pear salsa with Concorde Pears that is not just for tacos. This versatile salsa can be served alongside any roasted meats, seafoods or can be added to mixed greens for a delicious fall salad.
Created by: Meg Raines
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Concorde pears
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of finely diced jalapeño or more to taste (optional)
- Add the lime juice to a large bowl. Dice the pears and toss with the lime juice to prevent them from browning.
- Add the pomegranate seeds, crumbled feta cheese, diced onion, chopped cilantro and jalapeño (if using) and toss gently until combined.
- Serve immediately. Salsa can be stored in the refrigerator for one or two days, but is best when served fresh.