YIELD: 2-4 servings
- 1 (5 oz) chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 large apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1/4 walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup of celery, diced
- 2 tablespoon of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise or non-dairy mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt, or non-dairy yogurt
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, apples, grapes, walnuts, celery and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and yogurt together until smooth.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the salad and stir gently until combined.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- This salad can be served as a sandwich, wrap, or on greens for a low carb option.
- For a vegetarian option; omit the chicken, add diced, baked tofu or increase the nuts for additional protein if desired.