Yield: 8 toasts (4 servings)
- 2 cup chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cherries
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 4 slices bread, cut in half and toasted
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Toss tomatoes with cherries and basil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese with the goat cheese until well blended. Season with black pepper.
- To assemble, spread about 1 tablespoon of cheese on each toast half and top with heaping spoonful of tomato/cherry mixture.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar and season with salt
- Enjoy immediately.