Recipe by: Courtney Paige | @apaigeofpositivity
- Broccoli – Instead of lettuce, we are using crunchy, fresh broccoli in this Waldorf Salad.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese – Sharp cheddar has the perfect salty and tangy bite that nicely contrasts the sweet apples in this salad.
- Onion – Use red for a little bit more bitterness.
- Rockit™ Apples – Rockit™ apples have just the right amount of tartness and just the right amount of sweetness. They’re so juicy too.
- Greek Yogurt – Yogurt will be the base of our Waldorf Salad dressing. This lightens up a what could be a heavy, cream-based dressing and adds a bit of protein too.
- Light Mayo – To thicken up the yogurt dressing a bit.
- Salt & Parsley – Added to the dressing for a balance of flavors.
- First, we will chop our produce: If your broccoli isn’t already cut into florets, chop into bite size pieces. If you buy a pre-cut bag of broccoli, cut any larger pieces. The smaller the better with this salad! Finely dice the red onion. Dice Rockit™ apples.
- Then, add produce to a large mixing bowl along with cheddar cheese.
- For the dressing, in a smaller bowl combine greek yogurt, light mayo, salt, and parsley. Mix until combined.
- Add dressing to the large bowl and toss well until all broccoli florets are covered.