*Suitable for children 6-8 month of age or older
YIELD: 1 1/2 – 2 cups
- 2 Gala apples (or other sweet apple)
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1/2 of a medium sweet potato
- 1 cup of water
- Pinch of cinnamon, if your child is ready to add spices to their diet.
- Peel the apples, cut into small chunks, discarding the core.
- Peel the sweet potato, cut into small chunks.
- Place the apples, sweet potato, oats and water in a medium sauce and cook over medium-low heat until the apples and sweet potatoes are tender and begin to fall apart. Add more water as needed if the mixture becomes too thick.
- Stir in a pinch of cinnamon if using, remove from the heat, and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend or mash together based on the desired consistency for your child.
- Use immediately, or freeze in individual containers or in an ice cube trays for easy portioning. Defrost in the refrigerator, or gently over low heat on the stove top.