Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooks in: 35-40 minutes
Recipe Source: KORU® New Zealand
“These apples make the most flavorful pie I’ve ever created, and I grew up on an apple orchard in Wenatchee, WA, USA!”
– Annie Green, Mooresville, NC
- Two 9-inch pie crusts (Annie uses Mile High pie crust recipe)
- 3 cups KORU® Apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1 cup fresh washed blueberries
- 1 1/4 cups (250 grams) white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons white flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 400f/200c
- In a large mixing bowl, combine KORU® Apples with all filling ingredients except for lemon juice and butter.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice and mix again.
- Put bottom crust in a 9″ pie pan.
- Add fruit filling.
- Dot with 3 Tablespoons butter, cut into small chunks
- Cover with second pie crust.
- Crimp edges and cut vent holes in the top crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Let cool at room temperature 4 hours.
- Can serve or refrigerate.
- Can’t tell how long it would keep, because it’s always gone as soon as it’s served!