Did you know that apples are great for dogs too? Treat your doggo like family, and make these easy, four ingredient KORU® & Carrot Dog Cookies! This recipe makes about 40 servings. Store them in an airtight container in your fridge for up to two months, or in your freezer for up to 8 months.
Homemade dog cookies are a great fun filled project for the whole family! KORU® apples are a superior cooking apple. They keep their shape when baked, which in this case, helps as a binding agent, which allows for less ingredients! The natural notes of honey make KORU® apples a perfect paring for this endeavor, as refined sugar is not good for dogs, though appealing to them. Apples are a great source of vitamin C and A and help give your pup that important fiber that they need! They are low in fat and protein too, which can be a beneficial snack for a senior dog. Just make sure to core them, apple seeds are not healthy for dogs.
- 2 KORU® apple cored and chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour (or brown rice flour if your dog is on a grain free diet plan)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Core and chop your apples and place them in a food processor. Chop your carrot and toss in with the apples. Add remaining eggs and flour. Blend on high until it has turned into a cookie dough like texture.
- Scoop out about two tablespoons of the mix. I like to use a cookie scoop with a thumb press. Place on a lined cookie sheet, or a macaron mat, to keep even spacing and portion control in check. Lightly press each cookie with the back of a fork like you would when making peanut butter cookies.
- Bake for 25 minutes in your preheated oven. Turn the oven off and leave them in the oven to cool for an additional 25 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before giving one to your dog as they can remain very hot in the middle for a long time since they are so dense.
Time to try them out! I hope that your dog loves them as much as my dog does!
Created By: Valerie Musser of @valeriesofcoursecatering