Chelan Fresh Marketing is accepting resumes for the position of Logistics Specialist.
Salary will be based on experience. Please see the job description below.
This position closes at 5:00pm Friday September 26th, 2014
No phone calls please
To apply you may email, mail or drop off your resume at the following:
Chelan Fresh Marketing
317 E. Johnson Ave.
Chelan, WA. 98816
Chelan Fresh Marketing
P.O. Box 878
Chelan, WA 98816
Job Title: Logistics Specialist
Reports To: Logistics Manager
This is a Non-Exempt Hourly/Fully Benefited Position
SUMMARY: Assists all members of the Logistics Department for Chelan Fresh Marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and maintain database for the dispatch of the internal transfer truck per sales forecast and customer orders. This job includes extensive phone and computer time to coordinate.
- Working with the sales staff and warehouses, enter transfer requests, and follow orders to fulfillment.
- The set schedule for this position is Monday-Friday from 7:00am to 4:00pm. However, this position regularly provides coverage on nights and weekends as needed. The position responds to requests for service (Calls from our shipper partners needing to schedule a pick-up) and for back-up coverage as necessary. The employee keeps in contact via cell phone at all times, and advises their immediate supervisor when they are unavailable to respond to calls.
- Responsible for set up and dispatch trucks per system at each warehouse.
- Working closely with Production, Quality Assurance, and our Customers; oversee the scheduling of truck delivery/pickup times in order to obtain optimal use of human resources and provide our customers excellent service.
- Broker trucks as necessary to fulfill orders. Arrange freight, confirm load/ prices; process thru the system.
- Assist with the procurement of purchased fruit. Enter PO, process order, follow the fruit from purchase, to receipt, and ensure orders are filled correctly with the intended fruit.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge about available products (apple, pear and cherry markets) and services. Assist logistics team and customers as needed. (sales, warehouses)
- Be flexible in cross training and helping other departments.
- Become familiar with the apple, pear and cherry markets.
- Master the CFM Inventory system.
- Arrive and depart work on time.
- Exhibit a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards servicing our business.
- Communicate extensively with sales staff, shippers and production staff at the warehouse and quality assurance.
- Answer telephone calls, convey messages, and monitor the flow of e-mail.
- Refrain from participating in triangulation in the workplace.
- Additional hours of work will be necessary as business demands. (Saturday and Sunday)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with a high degree of professionalism
- Command excellent telephone skills
- Maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
- Ability to form good working relationships with co-workers
- Organize work, set priorities, and determine resource requirements necessary to complete tasks.
- Use knowledge that is acquired through extensive on the job experience to perform one’s job.
- Display a high level of effort and commitment toward performing work, with an emphasis on the attention to detail.
- Complete responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Display high standards of ethical conduct.
- Must possess intermediate knowledge of computer systems.
- Must possess above average knowledge of Excel. Ability to design forms, and format equations.
- Ability to perform computations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division correctly.
- Analytical skills for problem solving
- Good attendance and available to work flexible hours.
- Work with, understand, and evaluate technical information related to the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation.
- Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- 1 year of fruit industry experience.
- 2 years logistics/scheduling experience preferred
- 2 years of customer service experience required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 3 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be able to have the ability to perform repetitive arm/hand motion (data entry) over 50 % of time at work.